Italian Breadsticks are the perfect finishing touch to any meal. These Olive Garden Copycat Breadsticks are soft and buttery and take less time than you’d think.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 pkgs Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4-5 cups flour
For Garlic Butter:
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- Pour warm water in bowl of stand mixer with sugar and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes until yeast froths.
- Add salt, butter, and 2 cups flour. Mix on low until combined. Add the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. (I used just under 4 cups of flour.)
- Knead dough in stand mixer on low-medium speed about 5 minutes until dough is soft and easy to work with.
- Roll dough into long log then cut into 12-14 equal pieces. Take each piece and roll into a 6-inch long snake. Place breadstick dough on two grease cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each.
- Place both cookie sheets in 170 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until doubled in size. Remove pans from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Once oven is heated to 400 degrees, brush breadsticks with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush garlic butter (melted butter + garlic powder) on breadsticks.
Source: Grace Like Rain