- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 slices Habanero cheese or use Pepperjack cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 3 Serrano peppers
- 6 brioche buns (or buns of choice)
- Ranchero sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- Other burger toppings to your preference
- Mix your Cajun seasonings into the ground beef. Hand mix to incorporate, but do not over-mix.
- Form 12 thin patties with the seasoned ground beef. 6 of them should be slightly larger, to form the base. I like to use a burger press for this process.
- Top each of the larger patties with a slice each of American and Habanero (or Pepper-jack) cheese.
- Next, top each of the stuffed burgers with the smaller patties and hand form the meat around the cheese. You should still have burger-shaped patties.
- Grill or pan sear the burgers in a bit of olive oil a few minutes per side, until the cheese is melted and the burgers are cooked through to your preference. Remove from heat and let the burgers rest a couple minutes to let the cheeses relax.
- When the burgers are cooking, grill or pan sear the jalapeno and Serrano peppers about 10 minutes, rolling a bit to get each side of the skins, until the skins char up and blacken. Slice them into rings and discard the stems.
- Serve the burgers onto buns topped with sliced peppers, Ranchero sauce or hot sauce, and your favorite toppings.
Source: Chili Pepper Madness