Creamy mashed potatoes on the inside, a crispy crust on the outside, and then loaded with buffalo sauce and blue cheese on the top! Buffalo Mashed Potato Stacks!
- 3 cups prepared Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Potatoes preferable refrigerated overnight, cold
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles plus more for topping
- ½ cup flour + 6 TBS flour
- 2 green onions chopped, plus 1 for garnish
- 3 TBS buffalo sauce plus more for garnish
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl add potatoes, egg, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese, 6 TBS flour, chopped green onions (2), and buffalo sauce; stir until completely mixed.*
- In a shallow bowl, add ½ cup flour. Form your pancakes using about 2 TBS of mixture- form into a pancake shape, about ½ inch thick, then dredge into flour to coat both sides; set aside and repeat for remaining mixture.
- In a high sided skillet, add about ½ cup oil, enough that the oil is about ½ inch high in the skillet. Heat over medium and add pancakes, cooking about 4-5 at a time, but not overcrowding them. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, until there is a golden crust forming**, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil. Repeat for all pancakes, adding oil as needed.
- Stack pancakes, about 4 per person. Drizzle blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, additional blue cheese crumbles, and green onions to garnish. Serve hot and enjoy!
Source: Domestic Superhero