FOR THE COOKIE BARS:
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 2 & 1/2 cups (275g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkles, for garnish
TO MAKE THE COOKIE BARS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. (Batter will be thin in the pan.) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar and flour until thoroughly combined. Add 3 tablespoons cream and the vanilla. Continue beating, adding more cream a small amount at a time, until the frosting is the desired consistency.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled bars. If desired, garnish with sprinkles.
Source: Bake or Break